k5k: A Run for Kendra Registrants
When: Saturday, November 17, 2018
- On-site registration – 7:45 a.m.
- Race start (on the boardwalk) – 9:00 a.m.
- Post-race party at Cactus Jacks (28th and Atlantic Ave.) after the event
Where: Virginia Beach Oceanfront – 24th St. Park
Who: The k5k: A Run for Kendra is for absolutely everyone!!
- Adult 5K – $40
- Student 5K (Ages 13-24) – $30
- Child 5K (Ages 12 & Under) – $20
- Online registration open through Nov. 16
- Registration fees increase by $5 on Nov. 16
- Register by Nov. 10 to guarantee your k5k race pack and commemorative k5k shirt
- Race day packets available for pick up Friday, Nov. 16 from 3-7 at Running, Etc., 1940 Laskin Rd., Suite 302, Virginia Beach, VA 23454
- If you would like to start a k5k team, choose “Create new team” on the Team Selection page of registration, and then enter a team name.
- If you would like to join an existing k5k team, choose “Join existing team” on the Team Selection page of registration, and then type in the name of the team. You can also try typing in the first letter of the team name and hitting “Enter” on your keypad to search from the team names starting with that letter.
- Prizes will be awarded after the race for teams of eight or more with the fastest average time, so, get your team together today to support this great cause!!!
Other Important Information for the Race:
- Chip timing through Mettle Events
- The show goes on…Rain, Snow or Shine…so dress appropriately!
- If you can, WEAR PINK…Kendra’s favorite color…and LOTS OF IT!!
- If you like, bring your dog!
- Lot across from Doc Taylor’s, 23rd and Pacific: 50-60 spots, $5 flat rate per day
- City lots, 18th/19th St, hundreds of spots, FREE
- Street parking wherever you can find it…
- Top 3 male and female finishers in each of 7 age groups (12 and under, 13-15,16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 and 50+) will be recognized immediately following the run.
- Chip timing again this year by Mettle Events.
There will be a Post-Run Gathering at Cactus Jack’s, 28th and Atlantic, after the event. Come enjoy great company, food and drinks to continue the celebration of Kendra!!
It’s NEVER TOO EARLY to register FAMILY and FRIENDS!
Run with your pet!
Dress your pet in PINK!
SEE YOU THERE!!!